2016 Fall Family Festival
The Historical Society of Rockland County Invites You to Join us for the
4th Annual Fall Family Festival
with Heritage of West Nyack and the Town of Clarkstown
When: SUNDAY, October 23, 2016, 12-4 pm, rain or shine!
Where: 131 Germonds Road at Germonds Park, West Nyack
Showcasing the Historic Traphagen and Vanderbilt/Budke Houses. Activities include:
- Horse-Drawn Hayrides (12:30-3:30 pm)
- Pumpkin Picking, Decorating and Painting
- Children's Games and Crafts (Stencil Art, Writing with a Quill Pen and more). Come see what life was like for a child in 1791.
- Lace Making Demonstration by Mayra Petretti, Metropolitan Chapter IOLI, in north wing of Traphagen House
- Pen Turning Workshop, Hudson Valley Wood Turners, for ages 12 and up (pre-registration is appreciated, please
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Story time with Stephanie and Dustin Hausner (1:00 pm and again at 2:00 pm)
- Jonathan Nedbor, Blacksmith. A complete blacksmithing set-up as well as a large display of historic examples of hand-forged tools and objects.
- Visit with Ben Franklin portrayed by Jack Sherry. Meet with Dr. Franklin and learn about his life as an entrepreneur, printer, author, scientist, inventor, statesman, and ambassador.
- Revolutionary War Camp Life demonstrations by the New Jersey Militia, Heard's Brigade, Reenactment Group, with tents, open-fire cooking, militia drills, musket firing and marching
- Discussion of the Restoration of the Budke House by historic restoration expert Tim Adriance
- A nature walk with Paul Tappenden (2:00-4:00 pm) identifying edible and medicinal native plants, meet at the Budke House
- Food Vendors & Refreshments for purchase
- Free Mini Golf at adjacent Germonds Park (pick up tickets at Raffle Table)
For an updated schedule of events, please go to www.HeritageofWestNyack.org.
FREE parking at Germonds Park and an easy stroll on the sidewalk to the Traphagen and Vanderbilt/Budke Houses.
Clarkstown Mini Bus Shuttle will also be providing transportation to and from the properties.
We are very pleased to be co-sponsoring this festival with Heritage of West Nyack and the Town of Clarkstown.
To see photos from last year's festival, visit our FLICKR album of photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/100479933@N04/albums/72157659622588528
Thanks to our October Is Rockland History Month business sponsors:
Dr. Davies Farmstand
United States Information Systems
Bourghol Brothers Jeweler
The Bricktown Inn
Goldstein, Karlewicz & Goldstein, CPAs
Precast Concrete Sales Company
Roventini CPA PC
David L. Scharf & Co.
Stephen Tilly, Architect
2016 Fall Family Festival Flyer PDF